Nurse Practitioner | Nurse Practitioner Bio
Meg Shea, MSN, RN, PNP-BC
Meg joined the Pediatric Nephrology Division in 2000 as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. As an advanced practice nurse she works in collaboration with the physicians and independently to care for children with a variety of kidney disorders. This includes patients receiving dialysis and pheresis as well as those seen in the outpatient suites. She has a special interest in children with voiding disorders, bedwetting, growth problems and those with chronic kidney disease. She had extensive training by her collaborating faculty. Prior to joining the Renal Division Meg worked for 8 years with children with diabetes at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
- University of Missouri, St. Louis, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, 1993-1996
- University of Oklahoma, Master of Science in Nursing, Field of Concentration: Nursing Care of Children, 1980-1983
- University of Tulsa, Bachelor of Science in Nursing 1972-1976
Licensure and Board Certification
- Missouri Registered Nurse, 1992-2014
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Certification, 1996-2017
- Certified Nephrology Nurse, 2003-2015
- Certified Diabetes Educator, 1994-2000
- Missouri State Board of Nursing, Member July 2008-December 2008
- St. Louis Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Member
- American Nephrology Nurses Association
- Shea M, Hmiel P, Beck A; Use of tissue plasminogen activator for thrombolysis in occluded peritoneal dialysis catheters. Advances in peritoneal dialysis 2001;17: 249-252.