Nurse Practitioner | Nurse Practitioner Bio
Debra Spoljaric, MSN, RN, CPNP
Hematology and Oncology
- University of Missouri-St. Louis, Master of Science in Nursing, 2003
- Webster University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1995
- Jewish Hospital School of Nursing, Diploma in Nursing, 1991
Licensure and Board Certification
- Certified Pediatric Nurse practitioner – Primary Care by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board since 2003
Honors & Awards
- Sigma Theta Tau – Nu Chi Chapter
- Quality Service Award-St. Louis Children’s Hospital (1996 & 1999)
- BJC Home Care Pediatric Employee of the Year (2003)
- Nominated for Missouri March of Dimes Nurse of the Year award for the category of Advance Practice Nurse(2013)
- Spoljaric, D. 2013, (Summer). Bevacizumab (Avastin) in Clinical Trials and Nursing Care Related to Bleeding Problems. Association of pediatric hematology/oncology nurses newsletter 27 (2) 6.
- Abstract QL-09: “Barriers to Participation In A Neuro-Oncology Education And Support Group”. Spoljaric, Isenberg, Whittington, Hauff, King. 15th International Symposium on Pediatric Neuro-Oncology, June 24-27, 2012. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Journal of Neuro-Oncology (2012) 14 (suppl 1): i125-i139.
- Abstract Multi09: “Educational Needs of Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Families Can Be Addressed In A Support Group Setting”. Spoljaric, Sandvoss, Isenberg. 14th International Symposium on Pediatric Neuro-Oncology, June 20-23, 2010. Vienna, Austria. Journal of Neuro-Oncology (2010) 12 (6).
- Abstract Multi1: “A Formal Educational Advocacy Program Is Needed By Families Of Children With Brain Tumors”. Spoljaric, Serice, Hauff, King. 13th International Symposium on Pediatric Neuro-Oncology, June 29-July 2, 2008. Chicago, IL, USA. Journal of Neuro-Oncology (2008) 10 (3):369-517.
- Neurofibromatosis study trial parent journal. Created information journal for families, 2008.
- Radiation oncology parent journal. Created information journal for families, 2008.
- DeBaun,M., Spoljaric, D., Heigham, M. “Treatment of children with neuropathic pain due to cancer: A guideline using methadone. Originated 2002, revised 2004.