Pediatrics Computing Facility | PCF Projects
The Pediatric Computing Facility has resources to support faculty and staff for the Information Systems requirements. We are always looking for innovative projects to add value to our organization. Below is a list of the some of the projects that the PCF staff are currently working on:
- Dragon Voice Recognition Pilot – currently conducting a pilot to determine the effectiveness of the voice recognition technology for clinical documentation
- Washington University Profile System (WUPS) – the PCF Development team is finalizing the development of a FAT tool which will provide a platform for collaboration of faculty interests and expertise across the department. It will allow for automated electronic feeds from PubMed to allow for collaboration of the latest published material and automated feeds to our departmental faculty web site
- Clinical Informatics Project – PCF has a team of developers working with the resources from the Medical School’s CTSA project tointerface all of our internally developed clinical application data to allow for all our data to be curated with the Medical School clinical data and to befully de-identified. This will provide arobust research data repository to support clinical and research investigators
- Electronic Lab Notebooks – PCF is currently reviewing the feasibility of bringing electronic lab notebook technology to our research lab
- Development of specialized Electronic Medical Records (EMR) – the PCF Development team has created several highly specialized EMR’s for Pediatric Diabetes and electronic Patient RoadMap’s to support our Hematology-Oncology infusion centers.
- Cardiology ECHO system – the Dept. of Pediatrics has selected the DigiSonics product for our new Pediatric Cardic ECHO system.We are currently working with the vendor to deploy the system to our Pediatric Cardiologists.
As part of the University-wide shared IT services initiative, the Department of Pediatrics will be transitioning to Office 365 for email access during the months of January and February. All email accounts will be affected. To see a complete schedule of the division switch over dates, click here. For more information on how to update your mobile device access, once your account has been changed over, please click here.
The WU IT team will initiate the migration of your @kids account to the Office 365 environment in the evening previous to your migration. Members of the PCF Desktop Team will be on hand the following morning to assist you with accessing your Office 365 account. Access to your new Office 365 account will be through the Outlook client you are already using and you will have access to all your previous emails, calendars, and contacts. Your new Office 365 email address will be your @wustl.edu address. After the migration, all emails addressed to your @kids account will be forwarded to your new Office 365 account indefinitely.