Maintenance of Certification
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) is the process whereby diplomats of the American Board of Pediatricians (ABP) maintain their board certification. MOC allows participants to engage in various knowledge self-assessments, practice assessments, and quality improvement activities designed to augment professional development throughout the duration of their careers.
WUSM Department of Pediatrics has established a Pediatric Portfolio for MOC and has an MOC Oversight Committee that meets monthly to review projects that may qualify for MOC credit.
The process to apply for MOC credit is to:
- Contact Paige Arndt, Patient Safety Specialist and Alexis Elward MD with project concept.
- An ABP document is available for criteria and instructions upon request.
- Present project to MOC Oversight Committee for approval.
- You will become the project leader, responsible for brief annual progress report submission upon request of the ABP or in November annually, whichever is earlier, and for managing attestations for your team members.
Contact the project leader who will determine whether you have met ABP requirements as defined by the original submission.
- MOC Project Requirements Summary
- WUSM MOC Projects (updated 4/2020)