Electronic Medical Record (EMR): The entire hospital system currently uses Epic. The EMR is accessible throughout the campus and provides remote entry for all residents through Citrix.
Communication: Every resident receives an iPhone to serve as their pager throughout residency, access online applications quickly, and speak with consulting services on the go!
Computer availability: Over 300 computers are available for resident use on the floors, in the Residents’ Lounge and in the hospital library. This also includes computers on wheels (COWs) for rounding.
House Staff Information Drive: This is a drive with information pertaining to anything and everything in the hospital. It contains information about each rotation, relevant journal articles, and content from every lecture given, and much more!
Online Board Review: There are many opportunities to for prepare for the boards listed below:
- Daily PREP question email sent by the Chiefs
- Weekly senior noon conference board review led by subspecialty fellows
- Free Pedialink access to PREP questions from the past three years
General Administrative Systems:
- New Innovation provides residents the ability to log duty hours, complete surveys, and receive rotation feedback
- AmIOn provides residents the ability to view their scheduling along with all other pediatric residents’ schedules
- ACGME procedure logs are used to track continuity patients and procedures throughout residency improving ease of credentialing after graduation