Director, Adolescent Center, St Louis Children's Hospital
Division Director, Adolescent Medicine
Ferring Family Professor of Pediatrics
Professor, Adolescent Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine
phone: (314) 454-2468
- B.A., Brown University, 1989
- M.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 1996
- M.D., Boston Children's Hospital, 1997
- M.D., St. Louis Children's Hospital, 1999
Licensure and Board Certification
- , 1999
- American Board of Pediatrics, 1999
- American Board of Pediatrics, 2006
- American Board of Pediatrics, 2013
- Outstanding Resident Award, St Louis Children's Hospital, an award presented by the Missouri Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, 1999
- Recognized by the women Legislators of Missouri in a salute to Women Doctors and Health Care Administrators, 2000
- The Ashley Award, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, an award for children's advocacy , 2002
- The Community Advocate Award, The St. Louis Chapter of the Missouri Association of Social Welfare, 2004
- Excellence in Pediatrics Award, St Louis Pediatric Society, 2005
- Resident Teaching Award-Outstanding Teacher Award, General Pediatric Medicine, 2006
- Best Doctors, St. Louis Magazine, 2007
- Progressive Youth Connection Health Award 2007, 2007
- WUSM Distinguished Faculty Award for Community Service, 2008
- Gerry and Bob Virgil Ethic of Service Award, Washington University, 2010
- Health Care Hero Award, St Louis Business Journal, 2010
- Lighting the Way Award, St Louis for Kids, 2010
- Pioneer Award, National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse - St. Louis, 2010
- AAP Promising Practices Award for Promoting Adolescents' Strengths, 2011
- Community Superhero Award, Voices for Children, 2011
- What's Right with the Region - Demonstrating Innovative Solutions, 2013
- Missouri Foundation for Health Corinne Walentik Award, 2014
- Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine, Midwest Chapter Award, 2014
- Missouri Foundation for Health Corinne Walentik MD Award, 2014
K Plax, J Garbutt, G Kaushik (2015). HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing Among High-Risk Youths: Supporting Positive Opportunities with Teens (SPOT) Youth Center. e1 (-), e5.
S Garwood, K Plax, L Gerasi, M Jonson-Reid (2015). More than Poverty: The Effect of Child Abuse and Neglect on Teen Pregnancy Risk..
F Ahmad, K Plax, K Collins, D Jeffe, K Schechtman, J Garbutt, D Doerhoff, D Jaffe (2014). Computerized Self-Interviews Improve Chlamydia & Gonorrhea Testing Among Youth in the Emergency Department PubMed: Annals of Emergency Medicine.
L Baker, R Paul, J Heaps, E Westerhaus, J Chang, S Williams, M Brier, K Plax, B Ances (2014). Impact of Human Immunodeficiency Virus on Neurocognition and Risky Behaviors in Young Adults. Journal of Neurovirology
Kaushik, G., Plax, K. L., Constantino, J. N., Lewis, L., Mamah, D. (2012). Mental health care utilization at a free drop-in youth center in St. Louis, Missouri. Missouri medicine, 109 (6), 475-81 PubMed: 23362652.
Plax, K., Seifert, R. W. (2006). Medical debt, health care access, and professional responsibility. The virtual mentor : VM, 8 (3), 166-9 PubMed: 23232350.
L. Sanders, T. Robinson, L. Forster, K. Plax, J. Brosco, A Brito (2005). From Bedside to Neighborhood: A Pediatrician's Tool Box for Evidence-based Community Projects.. Pediatrics, 115, 1142-7.