Celebrating the Latinx Community of St. Louis is hosted by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) and the Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA).
St. Louis has as a metropolitan area has one of the smaller Latinx communities compared to many other metro areas. This can sometimes make knowing and understanding our Latinx community more challenging. This event aims to make this thriving community more visible! We will hear from local community members and organizations about who the community is, the rich contributions to our region and begin to discuss how all of that comes together to shape general health outcomes. Included in our panel discussion will be:
- Julia López, PhD, MPH, LCSW an Instructor in Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases at WUSM
- Ernesto Romo, MD an Instructor in Emergency Medicine at WUSM
- Ophelia Velasquez, Clinical Case Manager, Casa de Salud
- Ann Rodriguez, BJC Spanish Language Interpreter
- Pilar Kellogg, BJC Spanish Language Interpreter
October 7, 2021, 12:00 P.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Please register to attend this virtual Zoom event [formidable id=”190″]
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all Washington University School of Medicine sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this event, at least one week before start of the event please contact the Washington University School of Medicine Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in advance at 314-273-2809 or MedDEI@wustl.edu.